Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trashy

I decided to write about my personal stake in garbage collection.  At this time, I don't see my personal stake in garbage collection any differently than it was before I left my parent's house, other than the fact that I now am responsible for taking out the garbage myself.  However, it's easier to see the amount of trash that I make in a given week, and it's a lot more than I would have expected.  I do not recycle at my apartment, but I do if I'm out with my friends and there's a garbage can and a recycle bin within a few yards of each other.  I really don't have any big reason why I don't recycle at my apartment, other than convenience.  As for my overall feelings for garbage collection, the article had no effect.

2 comments:

  1. I also live in an apartment and I agree it's inconvenient to recycle but is that really a decent excuse? Don't want to come off sounding rude just hope you will change your mind and start recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who says I'm using it as an excuse? It has nothing to do with living at my apartment or anything like that. If I lived in a big house, it would still be the same. It's just more convenient for me to not worry about what goes where or when to take something to the recycling center. At this moment, recycling is not a big deal to me. I'm not conscious of it, and don't really care about it.

    ReplyDelete