Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The F word....

When we were assigned this blog in class, the first thing that came into my mind was "food... um... okay".  I had to think a little bit.  What was I going to write about.  There are so many different types of food, and so many different reasons why people eat what they do, whether it's healthy or just plain yummy goodness.  There's only one thing that I could think of that could fit both the health and tastiness and that, of course, is pizza.

Pizza can include all 5 food groups, depending on the toppings chosen.  Those are wheat, vegetables, fruit, cheese, and meat.  You can buy it frozen at the grocery store and cook it yourself at home, or you can order it from your own home and someone will bring it to you hot and fresh right out of the oven.  You can even order it online.  (see here)

Now I know what you're thinking: How can pizza be considered healthy?  Pizza's full of grease and fatty ingredients, right?  Well, that can be true if you order it from the big name pizza restaurants, like Pizza Hut and Domino's to name a couple.  The answer to that question is simple:  Make it yourself.  These days, there are many different healthy recipes for pizza on the internet.  (see here for some examples) 

We all have our favorite types of pizza.  From cheese to pepperoni to pineapple to supreme, there are many ways to top pizza.  You can even choose how you want your crust to be made.  Overall, pizza has to be considered for the food hall of fame.

4 comments:

  1. woo pizza best food ever made lol, and i know what you mean when she told us the topic, kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see I missed a . when I should have put a ? when I proofread my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im just wondering what sort of topics you people would not find weird....

    Seriously, that's a real question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough to think of a topic with the theme of sustainability. The best thing I could suggest would be to try to find something that is in the current (within the last couple of years) media cycle, or something that we've heard a lot about in the news. While the topics we've had so far in class may be interesting, they really haven't excited me in a way that would make me want to read and discuss them afterward. Not taking in the account of the theme of sustainability, the best kind of topic I can think of would be something from sex, drugs, politics, etc...

    ReplyDelete