Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Things about me....

My name is Jonathon (Jonny) Harmon and I'm 24 years old.  I'm in my second semester at the University of Montana.  I was planning on taking one year off out of high school before going to college, but one year turned into six.  I like most sports, watching and playing, as well as reading and playing video games.  I'm pretty good at the game Rock Band.

As for the type of books I enjoy reading, I like to read books from the fantasy and mystery genres.  My guilty pleasure is teen vampire books (and not just Twilight).  My favorite books are from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and The House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast.  Other authors I enjoy reading are books from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Paolini, and Orson Scott Card.

9 comments:

  1. your blog is crazy! I like the extra touches and the space theme. Glad to see you're reading about things that interest you and I encourage you to continue. I feel like I'd be really good at Rock Band if I ever played it, which I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand indulging in the House of Night series. They're brilliant. So are Christopher Paolini's books and J.R.R. Tolkien's. Reading through your profile, you seem to have a lot in common with one of my best friends. That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @writ101molly - This is pretty cool. It's basically the same as setting up a profile on myspace or facebook.

    @Tiffany - What's your friend's name? Yeah, the House of Night books are great! I have the first 7 books in the series, and I can't wait for the last 5 books to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her name is Aerial and she's really cool.
    I've read the first five of the series I think and I really want to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how easily 1 year off can turn into 6; it took me 11 years to get here for my first semester of freshman year. Good on you for getting around to it though, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blog it looks so cool. I have rock band but I can't play it for beans even if i practice i still can't get passed easy mode. You should feel accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude we have to play rockband sometime, as long as i get drums. I always sucked at guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE ROCK BAND! That makes me miss home! My sister and I would play that daily. HA! I really like your blog. You didn't write a ton, but from what I read you seem pretty honest. Honesty makes reading blogs so much more interesting. I love that you aren't afraid to say you like Twilight! You're great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @everybody - Sounds like I need to through a Rock Band party at my apartment.

    @Jake - The drums are all yours. I'm best at the guitar and vocals.

    @Hannah - Thanks for calling me great! That makes my day! As for being able to say I like Twilight, I've learned not to let what other people think have any effect on what I like or don't like.

    ReplyDelete