Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Next to last

I don't know of any recent form of art that I've discovered that has changed my life or anything like that, but about five years ago I was watching TV and I flipped over to PBS and a group of women from Ireland were singing on for a large audience, trying to make a name for themselves.  The group, Celtic Woman, is now a world renowned, chart topping artist.

The reason I chose this as something I would recommend to my classmates is that this moment was one of the things that changed my life (cliche, I know, but true).  The melodies and passion these women brought to the music were and still are amazing.  They came through Missoula right before this semester started, and I was lucky enough to go and see the concert.  It was my second show of theirs I'd been to.  They are by far my favorite musical group.

The music they sing ranges from traditional Celtic to more contemporary songs.  A lot of the songs are covers, and some are originals.  They sing anything from songs from Van Morrison to Sting.  I definitely would recommend checking out their music to anybody who enjoys a softer side of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment